Millennial Legal Education Private Limited (Company, ‘we’, ‘our’, ‘us’) operates a website - www.lawcommunity.com, learning management system learn.lawcommunity.com, partner website(s) and a mobile application(s) including all its versions and variations (hereinafter referred to as “Portal”), through which the Company hosts, enables and offers access to various specialised legal courses, conducted by legal practitioners having years of experience, who are experts in their respective fields of law at a cost to the User ("Course Fee"), access to free or paid informational/educational resources in form of articles, blogpost, audio-video presentation, expert opinions and other material, enabling Users of the Portal to learn about on laws and legal subjects; access to the community(ies) of like-minded people willing to exchange ideas, disseminate information, interact and discuss, with other Users; (hereinafter referred to as “Services”) through Portal. The Company collects, uses, shares, and protects information of any person accessing, visiting or using the Portal (hereinafter referred to as the “User” or “you” or “your”). Company respects the privacy of its Users and is committed to protect it in all respects.
While you have the option not to provide us with certain information or withdraw consent to collect certain information, kindly note that in such an event you may not be able to take full advantage of the entire scope of features and Services offered to you and we reserve the right not to provide you with our services.
- Scope of Policy
- Information We Collect
In the course of the User’s interaction with the Portal/Services, we collect the following information:
- Information you submit to us: You give us your information by registering your account, accessing our Services or communicating with us for other purposes. This may also include your social media information and activity, based on your interaction with us. The following is a list of information collected from you when you register an account on the Portal:
- Identity Data -
- Name: for the purpose of knowing the identity of the User;
- Birth Date: for the purpose of verification of your age;
- Gender: for the purpose of creating a profile and identifying the demographics of users;
- Identification proof: for the purpose of verifying a registered profile.
- Personal Webpage – where you intend to link your social media handles / profiles with us.
- Contact Data -
- Mobile number and Email address: for the purpose of registration, creation of an account, correspondences with you or to send updates to you;
- Residential Address - for the purpose of delivery of any Service to you and identifying the demographics of the Users.
- Financial Data-
- Information including bank account, credit/debit card details, UPI id and other similar details for the purpose of purchases/payments to enrol in Courses.
- Location Data for the purpose of identifying the territorial location from where the Portal is being accessed by the User including the State and Country;
- Purchase data- including record of purchases, orders, subscriptions, etc
- Information that is collected automatically:
- Information on your browser and server logs, including your IP address, information in the cookies and your browsing history;
- URL information, time stamp, visit information, your browsing history;
- Device information;
- Information we collect from third parties:
We may work with a limited number of third parties (including mobile network providers, and delivery service providers, collection agencies, analytics providers) to provide the Services and may receive information about you from such third parties. We also receive profile information from the other third party website/s that you use to log in or create accounts with us, as per their terms and policies.
- Why We Collect Information
All information that We collect will be collected, recorded, stored, used and protected in accordance with the applicable laws.
3.1. We collect information (including Personal Information) to provide the Services and for the purposes as outlined below:
- to help us identify you when you log into the Portal and when you register an account with us;
- to help facilitate purchase of our products & services;
- to enhance the quality of the Services and to improve the effectiveness to better tailor our Services to your interests and needs;
- to validate, authorize and map a specific profile with an authorized user;
- for the performance of a contractual obligation;
- to communicate with you;
- to provide you with marketing communications, advertising, news, special offers, and general information about the products and services;
- to provide and process service requests initiated by you;
- to facilitate your participation in various contests or programs conducted by the Company, affiliates, subsidiaries, or agents on the Portal.
- to track and analyse Your activity on Portal;
- to notify you about changes to our Services/Portal;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services/Portal when you choose to do so;
- to provide customer support;
- to gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Services/Portal;
- to monitor the usage of our Services/Portal;
- to detect, prevent and address technical issues
- to provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
- Administering and protecting Portal, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data;
- Delivering relevant content and online advertisements to You.
3.2 Basis of Information collected
We collect and process information based on the following legal parameters depending upon the nature of information and the purposes for which it is processed:
- Consent: We rely on your consent to process your information including Personal Information in certain situations. If we require your consent to collect and process certain Personal Information, as per the requirements under the Data Laws, your consent is sought at the time of collection of your Personal Information and such processing will be performed where consent is secured.
- Required under Law: Your Personal Information may be processed by us, to the extent that such processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation.
- Disclosure of your Information and Third-Party Information
4.1. We may share the personal information (and other information) with our affiliates and/or third-parties when necessary, to provide you with the Services, related infrastructure, to provide advertising and promotional services, to provide search results and links (including paid listings and links), to process financial transactions, and any such relevant and necessary purpose which are essential for us making our Portal and Services available to you.
4.2. We will never display, rent, or sell your personally identifiable information to others.
4.3. We may have to disclose your personal information:
- As required by law, such as to comply with a judicial order, executive orders, requirement by a law enforcement authority, or by other legal processes.
- To protect and guard the rights and interests of the Company.
- When we are required to provide information to the companies that provide products or services on our behalf.
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, or, investigate fraud or crime;
- If we (or our affiliates) are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or substantially all of its assets or equity.
5.1. What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is sent by a website server to your browser and stored on your computer. Cookies allow website operators to accumulate useful information, such as whether the computer (or its user) has visited the site before. Cookies are needed for several functions which make websites work, or work more efficiently, and they can provide information to website owners about how you use their website. Cookies can also be used to show you adverts that are relevant to you, based on your browsing habits, to personalize your user experience. The only personal information a cookie can contain is information supplied by the User while on the Portal.
5.3. You decide which Cookie we use
You can configure cookie settings in your web browser.
However, if you don’t allow us to use certain cookies, it may prevent you from accessing parts of our Portal(s) or result in a loss of functionality which degrades your experience of the Portal(s).
- Marketing and Analytics
- Your Rights
Your rights in relation to the information we hold about you include:
- The right to access the information we hold about you, and to obtain details of processing;
- The right to withdraw your consent to our continued processing of the information, at any point of time, subject only to any legitimate reason for continued processing in certain circumstances;
- The right to edit your account information and preferences available with us;
- The right to erasure of any personal data that we process, in certain circumstances, to the extent permissible in applicable law, and feasible; and,
- The right to move your information to another service provider, in a compatible format. This will only cover such information which we have received from you.
- Preservation of your information
Preservation periods for records are based on the type of record, the nature of the activity and product and service that the same is associated with, linked to. The periods for Preservation of your personal information vary, depending on specific legal, business and statutory requirements. We will retain your personal information for such a period that is legally or statutorily necessary, and relevant for us to perform our contractual obligations to you.
- Security of Information
We understand that we must safeguard your personal information available with us. We use and employ reasonable technical, organizational, logical, physical, administrative measures to protect your personal information against any unauthorized access, modification, or use. We use the industry standard technical and organizational measures to ensure protection of your information available with us.
All information gathered by us is securely stored within a database(s) which resides on server(s) owned by the company.
Even though we maintain and implement the highest security measures, the systems do not become impenetrable. Therefore, a guarantee of the security of our database cannot be absolute, nor is there an absolute guarantee that information supplied by you will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.
- Contact Us
You may update or correct your information through self-service over the Portal; or by contacting us anytime by sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org clearly mentioning in subject of such email: "change of address/details". You are requested to include your name, address, email address when you contact us. You are encouraged to promptly update Your Information.
- NO WARRANTY
We do not warrant that this Portal, it’s servers, or email sent by us or on our behalf are virus free. Company will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this portal, including, but not limited to compensatory, direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special and consequential damages, loss of data, goodwill, business opportunity, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties.