- Enrolled with Bar Council of Delhi on 24th July 1986
- Practised as an Advocate, matters relating to Writs, Civil Original and Appellate Jurisdiction in High Court (HC) of Delhi
- Also practised in the HC of Judicature at Bombay, Karnataka HC in Bangalore, The Rajasthan HC at Jaipur
- Was appointed as standing Counsel Union of India in 2004
- Senior panel Counsel for Union of India in February 2006
- Designated as Senior Advocate in May 2006
- Elected as a member of the Bar Council of Delhi for two terms 1992-1998 and 1998-2003
- Appointed by the HC of Delhi as member in various committees to go into inter alia, the issues of rehabilitation of children after the abolition of child labour
- Appointed as Additional Judge of HC of Delhi with effect from 3rd March 2008 and as a permanent Judge on 26th May 2009.
Judgements and orders:
- RFA 24/1982
KHAUSHAL CHAND VS SITA RAM
CORAM: Mr Justice T.S. Thakur & Mr Justice Siddharth Mridul
The order passed on 12.05.2008
The Trial Court has recorded the evidence adduced by the parties and recorded findings on issues by order Dated 21st March 1990. Learned counsel for the appellant submits that since the findings are in favour of the appellant, he does not wish to file an objection to the same. Mr Gaje Singh, the counsel, appearing for the respondent, however, has filed his objection to the said findings. A copy has been handed over to Mr Ahluwalia in the court today. Learned counsel for the parties submits that apart from the present appeal, Civil Revision no. 963/2001 between the same parties is also pending in this court. It shall, therefore, be taken up along with his appeal. Since the appeal is very old, we direct that the same shall be posted for final hearing on 19th August 2008.
- WP (CRL) 1676/2015
SMT HIRA DEVI VS STATE (GNCT DELHI) AND ORS
CORAM: Mr Justice Siddharth Mridul
The order passed on 10.08.2015
Mr Mahajan learned Addl. Standing Counsel (Crl.), accepts notice and states that the complaint filed on behalf of the petitioner herein has been filed on account of the circumstances that the dispute between the parties, arising over a house property is already pending determination before a competent court; and that there is no threat perception insofar as a petitioner is concerned. However, he states the respondents shall sensitize the beat constable of the concerned area in this behalf and provide the petitioner with his telephone number so as to enable the petitioner to establish contact with him in the event of any threat or apprehension. In view of the above statement, counsel for the petitioner seeks to leave to withdraw this petition. The writ petition is dismissed as withdrawn and disposed of accordingly.
- DEEPAK KHOSLA vs MONTREAUX RESORTS PVT. LTD.
CORAM: MR. JUSTICE SIDDHARTH MRIDUL & JUSTICE NAJMI WAZIRI
The order passed in 20.12.2019
CM No. 47720/2018
Mr Deepak Khosla, applicant/appellant, appears in person and states that the present application is superfluous, in view of the circumstance that another application bearing CM No. 41284/2018 seeking identical relief instituted by him, is already pending adjudication. The application is accordingly dismissed as withdrawn and disposed of.
CM APP No. 41284/2018 in LPA 16/2012
List on 17th January 2020.
- SAURABH YADAV vs STATE (NCT OF DELHI)
CORAM: MR. JUSTICE SIDDHARTH MRIDUL
JUSTICE IS MEHTA
The order passed in 19.12.2019
CRL.M.A. 36630/2019 (for exemption)
Exemption allowed, subject to all just exceptions. The application stands disposed of.
CRL.M. (BAIL) 1683/2019
Having heard learned counsel appearing on behalf of the parties and having perused the evidence on record and in particular, the testimony of eye-witnesses:- PW-1 Harish, PW-3 Joginder @ Tuli, PW-10 Avinash Malik, PW-11 Dinesh Bansal and PW-16 Nitin Sansanwal which form the substratum of Trial Court findings qua the guilt of Mr Saurabh Yadav, the present applicant/appellant, we are of the view that there is no good ground for the regular suspension of sentence and grant of bail during the pendency of the appeal. The present bail application is dismissed and disposed of accordingly.
Re-notify on 11th February 2020, along with CRL.A. 581/2018 titled as “Himanshu Rathi Vs State” and CRL.A. 609/2018 titled as “Muninder Panjeta vs State of NCT of Delhi”.