About the Opportunity
GNLU or Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar is hiring for Teaching and Research Associate in Law.
About the Role
Under the guidance of Dean,
Research and overall guidance of Director and the Registrar, the incumbent shall perform the following roles and
- Conducting interdisciplinary research in areas of law in collaboration with teaching and research staff including
honorary members and students.
- Publishing research papers in UGC/Scopus/Web of Science indexed journals.
- Submitting research proposals to various agencies and getting research funding and consultancy projects.
- Providing research assistance to teaching and research staff as and when required.
- Developing, planning, executing, monitoring, and reporting interdisciplinary research in collaboration with external universities, institutions, government departments, industrial and economic agencies, judiciary within India and abroad.
- Providing input to general teaching faculty on the latest research developments and emerging research trends in respective fields.
- Participating in overall planning and development of academic, research, training, and extension programs and
activities of the University.
- Conducting research-based training and extension activities in the area of law.
- Performing any other duties including administrative, coordination, etc. as required to achieve the aims and
objectives of the University.
- The candidate must have a Master’s Degree in Law with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
- Good knowledge of the latest national and international research trends and developments in Law is important.
- He/She should have the ability to conceptualize and organize international training workshops and brainstorming online/on-site discussions apart from teaching/Research.
- He/She must be very fluent in the English language.
Desirable Skills and Competencies
- Experience in teaching/research in premier law universities/colleges.
- National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR, or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET.
- Knowledge of computer application, command over oral and written communication,
demonstrated ability to effectively work in a team is essential;
- Ability to innovate and to improve academic programs or services and to pursue interesting new ideas and new methods.
How to Apply
The interested applicants are required to send their CV / Biodata / Resume at hr[at]gnlu.ac.in on or before 12th November 2020 with the subject line “Application for the Teaching and Research Associates (Law) – Advertisement Ref. no. GNLU/AC/ FP- 21/2020”
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an online interview
Mode of Interview: Online through Cisco Webex Meetings.
Initially for a period of 364 days and is to be counted towards probation and subsequent extension on an annual basis depending upon the performance, not exceeding in total 3 years period including the first year of probation.
November 12, 2020
The Gujarat National Law University is a public law school and a National Law University established under the Gujarat National Law University Act, 2003 in the state of Gujarat.GNLU is the statutory university established by the Govt. of Gujarat under the Gujarat National Law University Act, 2003.