Post: Senior Corporate Counsel
Location: Gurgaon , Haryana, India
Education Qualification: LLB
Targray is a diversified multinational commodity and advanced materials company that markets and trades a broad range of products and solutions for high-growth energy sectors. Established in 1987 in Montreal, Canada, our organization is a leading international provider of materials for solar and energy storage companies, and one of the largest physical traders and distributors of Biodiesel fuel in North America. Targray also trades and distributes diesel, vegetable oil and grains.
Targray has operations in 9 countries and over $500M USD in annual sales. In 2019, the company made its debut appearance on the FP500, Financial Post’s ranking of the top 500 corporations in Canada by revenue.
- Great Place to Work® Certified (2020)
- Deloitte | Best Managed Companies (2019, 2020 and 2021)
- EY Canada | Quebec Entrepreneur of the Year (2016)
- HSBC | International Business Award (2012)
- Profit 100 Fastest-Growing Companies in Canada (2006, 2009)
As a part of our continued expansion, Targray requires the services of a Senior Corporate Counsel to join its Gurgaon Office. The ideal candidate will be a solutions-oriented person, with an excellent business acumen, who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team atmosphere and the challenge of a company having many worldwide complex businesses. Responsibilities will include those listed below (working in conjunction with the company General Counsel in Montreal and the Corporate Counsel also located in Gurgaon).
This role provides an opportunity for the Senior Corporate Counsel to contribute to the company’s legal strategy, to work with many stakeholders including the trading team, and to grow as a key internal business partner. You are the perfect candidate if you enjoy learning new businesses, working in close collaboration with other stakeholder and if you are motivated by making a difference in a fast-growing company.
- Negotiation and drafting of a variety of commercial agreements, including LOI, Terms Sheet, Distribution Agreement, International Buy and Sale Agreements, Offtake Agreement, Trade confirmation, Terminal Service Agreement, Railcar Leasing Agreement, logistic and storage agreements.
- Preparation of negotiation guidelines and ready-to-use standard contracts.
- Work in close collaboration with Trading team, including legal support for day-to-day trade.
- Provide legal support to other business partners, such as risk team, operation and logistic and finance team.
- Support to General Counsel in identification of legal risks, worldwide applicable regulations and, also, elaboration and implementation of a strong compliance program and processes to ensure compliance and efficiency.
- The role will report directly to the General Counsel in Canada (Montreal).
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB). MBA an asset.
- Minimum 10 to 15 years of experience in the relevant field, preferably as in-house corporate counsel in a company having international operations. Experience in commodity trading, railcar industry or oil & gas industry a strong asset.
- Strong in commercial law and contract negotiation and drafting.
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent problem solving, business acumen, analytical and organizational skills.
- Self-driven and resourceful.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent writing skills in English; Knowledge of other foreign languages would be an asset (Mandarin Chinese or Spanish).
- Proactive, creative and quick learner.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Power Point, Teams).
- A competitive remuneration plan and an excellent working environment in a growing multinational organization.
- Beautiful, spacious and modern workplace environment.
- Flexible work arrangement policy.
- Generous company-wide profit-sharing plan.
- Off-site Team Building and experiential development.
- Life Insurance and Accidental Insurance for Self.
- Free Medical Insurance for Self and Family.
- Weekly Team Lunches.
- Gym Benefits.
- Corporate Team Fun Activities.
Targray provides a highly-competitive remuneration plan and an excellent working environment in a growing multinational firm focused on creating a more sustainable global economy. For more information about our company, please visit https://www.targray.com/