DREAM WARRIOR PICTURES, a film production and distribution company, is currently seeking a “LEGAL MANAGER”, who will be based out of our Chennai office. This position will focus on Legal transactions with respect to Feature Films | Web-Series | Music | and other Content production, distribution, sale and acquisition. The Legal Manager will report to the Partner’s of the Production House and shall work closely with the Business & Finance Teams.
- Negotiates, prepares and executes agreements for all facets of Feature Film production and development agreements such as above-the-line and below the line Artist/Technician agreements, services agreements, production placement and promotion, assignments, releases including Theatrical distribution Agreements, Licensing contracts, Satellite Broadcast, OTT Streaming Assignment Agreements, Financial Contracts, Standard form Agreements, Joint venture, Co-production, and co-venture agreements etc;
- Negotiate and drafts intellectual property licenses and provides legal advice and counsel to business development executives regarding license terms. Advises finance and marketing teams regarding brand approvals, product placement and other license requirements.
- Liaison with External legal Counsels for litigation preparation;
- Researches and answers inquiries regarding New Laws, contracts, privacy rights, copyright laws, international subsidies and tax laws, script clearances, guild requirements, and other legal matters including maintaining Internal records of all Legal Agreements and necessary records.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Law Degree from an accredited Law School/institution and licensed to practice law in India specifically Chennai, TN. Master’s Degree in IP Law will be considered a bonus.
- Has minimum of 2-4 years’ experience in Entertainment law (transactional) and preferably with excellent Contract drafting skills with Feature Film, finance and acquisitions experience.
- Must have excellent negotiating skills and excellent communication skills (both written and oral in English & Fluent Tamil is a bonus) as well as proven ability to work with creative and corporate personnel.
- Has a flair for problem solving with unconventional ways of proposing a solution to the issue at hand without jeopardising the interests of the Company and shall be within Legal parameters.
We encourage you to apply, if you fit the above description or in the event where you do not have such experience but believe strongly that you could learn and develop such skills, then we are more than willing to hear you out.
PLEASE SEND ALL APPLICATIONS TO : email@example.com
Film Production and Distribution Company, based at Chennai, India.
[Dream Warrior Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.]