Post for Legal Counsel - I Regulatory Compliance
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Legal Counsel- I, Regulatory Compliance/ Legal Bengalugur
About The Role
Associate will be responsible for the effectively and efficiently:
- understand legal issues and provide legal advisory on various issues relating to regulatory compliances, more specifically to Licenses and Permits (L&P team), food safety, legal metrology, etc.;
- understand customer’s(L&P) priorities and deliver all work output in a timely manner.
- assisting L&P team by advising on requirements pertaining to licenses and permits, and other legal issues relating to interpretation of laws;
- working closely with Compliance team on revising/ drafting policies/ SOPs, etc. in accordance with the applicable laws;
- handling discussions with Compliance team members & other BUs and maintain robust relationship with different BUs.
- Keep abreast of all laws and regulations applicable on business and responsible for office of legal obligations-where the primary responsibility is the compilation of applicable laws and tracking changes (regulatory change management);
- drafting process for legal compliance certification and its implementation;
- carrying out regulatory training programmes.
What We Are Looking For
- B.A. L.L.B from Premier Institute having 5 to 7 years of experience, preferably a blend of experience with law firms and industry. Preferred industry: FMCG, Retail, E-commerce.
- Team player & highly collaborative, Research & preparation skills, Strong strategic mindset with analytical skills, attention to detail, strong communication skills, an enthusiastic worker, show keen interest in understanding the business, manage day-to-day issues in turnaround times and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects and deadlines.
- Experience and understanding of statutes governing licenses and permits.
In 2007, we started the Flipkart journey by selling books online. But now, over a decade later, our story is quite different. Today, Flipkart is India’s largest online marketplace and one of India’s leading technology powerhouse that is disrupting the way India shops online. What has got us here? The dynamic, passionate and talented folks we call Flipsters!Our core values define our identity and form the basis of our actions and reflect in everything that we do at Flipkart. Values enable us to shape the desired organizational culture in which each Flipster can thrive and be at their best.We believe in taking bold bets and changing the paradigm, having a sense of urgency to solve problems strategically and putting great ideas into action. We look at the world from our customer’s point of view and keep customers at the heart of everything we do. We strive to do the right thing always and be committed to our customers and stakeholders.