We are looking for a Legal Associate to join our dynamic, award-winning, and fast-growing team at CreditEnable. As a Legal Associate, you will be responsible for managing a variety of legal business matters pertaining to the organization.
- Project manage & execute all internal legal requirements in a fast-paced FinTech start-up.
- Draft and review offer terms and conditions, and policies in compliance with applicable laws.
- Draft, review, and negotiate all types of agreements. Agreements including advertising, endorsement, marketing, content licensing agreements, collaborations, bank alliances, finance agreements, IT services, hardware and software licenses, statements of work, HR related agreements, non‑disclosure agreements and other legal documents.
- Advise business partners on legal and regulatory matters including intellectual property, contract interpretation, breach and remedies, contract compliance requirements, data protection laws.
- Research into new regulations and legal regime of new domains of business and advice on regulatory requirements, legal risks and mitigation strategies.
- Work as a part of a team and contribute towards projects involving setting up policies and processes for legal risk identification and mitigation.
- Work with operations & tech team to introduce controls and policies to ensure company compliance with information security and data privacy.
- Prioritize and manage business stakeholders and workload effectively, with quick turn-around requirements.
- Manage policy documents with version control, tracking, and publishing controls to ensure clients policy documents are clearly and uniformly presented to their users.
- Introduce digitised legal systems to streamline processes for internal and customer operations
- Take a lead role in contributing to information security, including certification such as ISO 27001.
- At least 4 to 5 years of experience is in the practice area of Banking & Finance domain and preferably with FinTech Experience.
- Preference for candidates from a Tier 1 or Tier 2 law firm.
- Bachelors’ degree in Law.
- Qualified Company Secretary (CS) will be an added advantage.
- A strong transactional, contract review and drafting experience with good business/commercial acumen.
- In-depth understanding of Indian law and practices (including intellectual property, commercial, e-commerce, FDI regulations, privacy laws, RBI guidelines, consumer protection laws, legal metrology laws)
- Experience in dealing with cross-jurisdictional negotiation, including the UK, is a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to manage times of high workload successfully; works effectively under time pressure and meets deadlines.
This is a Work From Anywhere (WFA) job opportunity and we can offer up to CTC of 18 LPA for candidates having advanced degrees and work experience.
CreditEnable is FinTech utilising AI with a mission is to enable SME lenders and borrowers to effortlessly find their perfect match, by creating the world’s first Global SME Credit Marketplace. Our lender solutions enable profitable growth by substantially reducing the time involved with underwriting SME loans, provide efficient access to quality borrowers, and improve the quality of SME loan books. Our borrower solutions help SMEs better understand lenders’ credit requirements, get prepared for debt and secure the capital they need at an affordable rate. We have offices in London and Mumbai.