The Bank of Maharashtra is inviting applications for recruitment for the job role of Law Officer to fill 10 vacancies of the same
Bank of Maharashtra, the leading listed Public Sector Bank having Head Office in Pune and all India network of branches across India, invites online application from candidates for recruitment of Specialist Officers in Scale I & II.
The bank is looking forward to augmenting the agriculture sector, strengthening cyber security, impregnable legal services and emulating techno-savvy systems in tandem.
Note: This post is only highlighting the job opportunity for Law Officers (Specialist Officers). For information on other roles, please refer to the official notification.
Number of Vacancies and Breakdown
- SC: 01 (One)
- OBC: 02 (Two)
- EWS: 01 (One)
- Unreserved: 06 (Six)
The broad functions of law officers posted at Zonal Offices are as under, which are indicative and may be expanded depending upon the peculiarities and specific requirements of the Zone:
- Guidance to branches for obtaining required documents in various types of banking transactions. Preparation of specialized documents wherever required. Document verification for advances of Rs. 50 Lacs and above. Providing opinion on legal issues involved in deceased claim settlement. Giving approval to the draft of Bank Guarantees on law points referred by the branches and Zonal Office.
- Issuing legal notices on behalf of the bank and replying to legal notices received by the branches and Zonal Office. Assisting the Authorized officer while taking action under SARFAESI Act i.e. drafting and issuing of SARFAESI notices, reply to objection/representation made by the borrower/guarantor, taking possession, filing of application U/s 14 of SARFAESI Act and its follow-up and put the property on sale/e-auction. Assisting authorized officer in taking action under SARFAESI Act i.e. SARFAESI notices, possession notices, sale notices drafted and issued. Uploading the sale notices on various website.
- Assisting Central Public Information Officer and Appellate Authority in dealing with applications and appeals received under the Right to Information Act, 2005. Advising branches and Zonal office on premises matters such as drafting lease deeds, renewal of lease deeds and defending eviction cases filed against Bank. Advising branches and Zonal office in defending cases against Bank under Consumer Protection Act.
- Entrusting the cases to advocates in respect of suit filed by the bank or defended by Bank, as per the guidelines issued by Head Office from time to time and brief the case. Reviewing the performance of Advocates and submit the review report to H.O. as advised from time to time.
- The Law Officers being the designated Nodal Officer for DRT, have to visit DRT for monitoring the suit filed cases, Securitization Application (SA) and keeping liaison with Recovery Officer (RO) & Presiding officer (PO) for expediting the cases, more particularly suit filed cases of Rs. 1.00 Core and above are to be attended by the Law officer.
- Following up on all suit filed and decreed accounts and assisting Recovery Officer at DRT for early recovery. Execution of decrees and liaison with Court Receiver /OL etc. Giving legal opinion to the branches/Zonal Offices in day to day banking and operational problems. Assisting branches and Zonal Offices in approving the draft of FIR / Criminal Complaint before Local Police / CBI etc. and advising in fraud cases.
- Assisting in conducting Lok Adalats. Submitting the SARFAESI monthly & quarterly report, DRT monthly & quarterly report and RTI Quarterly Report to head office in time. Submitting monthly SARFAESI & DRT account wise details to HO. Punching data and updating of data in CR is Mac Legal Software. Maintaining data, updation and submission to HO account wise details of matters referred under IBC, 2016 to NCLT.
- Assisting Zonal Managers in empanelment of advocates and review of the performance of advocate and submission of the report to H O. Monitoring of suit filed and decreed accounts for effective recovery, briefing of cases to advocates, Giving approval of panel valuers for SARFAESI action. Advising branches and Zonal Offices in defending cases
against Bank under Consumer Protection Act.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law recognized by the Bar Council of India for the purpose of enrolment as an Advocate with a minimum required marks of 60% or equivalent in the aggregate of all semesters/years.
- For SC/ST/OBC and PWD candidates, minimum required marks of 55% in the aggregate of all semesters/years in Bachelor’s Degree in Law.
- Special knowledge of Banking Law, Company Law, Labour Law and Constitutional Law and experience in drafting of pleadings and documents;
- Proficiency in computer applications.
At least 5 years’ experience as
- An Advocate OR
- A Law Officer in the Legal Department of a Bank/financial institution/statutory corporation/company and/or Legal Associate/Legal Consultant in an Advocate’s or Solicitor’s Office OR
- In the Legal Department of Central/State Government or as a teacher in law in a Law College/University.
However, preference shall be given to the candidates having experience as a Law Officer in the Legal Department of a nationalized bank/financial institution.
The candidate should have worked in Bank for 1 year as Law Officer.
Age Limit: Minimum 25 years and maximum 35 years
- Commencement date of online application: September 1, 2021
- Last date of online application: September 19, 2021
- Date of online examination: Will be informed separately.
- Date of GD/Interview: Will be informed separately.
- Step 1: Registration
- Step 2: Filling the application form
- Step 3: Payment of fees
Payment of Fees
- Payment of requisite fees/intimation charges shall be made through the online mode only. Payment of fees/intimation charges through the online mode from September 1, 2021, to September 19, 2021, and no other mode of payment is acceptable.
- The payment can be made by using a debit card/credit card/Internet Banking by providing information as asked on the screen. Transaction charges for online payment, if any, will be borne by the candidates.
- On successful completion of the transaction, e-receipt and application form will be generated; which may be printed for record. The printout of the application form should not be sent to the Bank.
- If the online transaction is not successfully completed, please register again and make payment online. There is also a provision to reprint the e-receipt and application form containing fee details, at later stage.
In case of any problem in filling up the form, payment of fee/intimation charges or receipt of admission/call letter, queries may be lodge on email
Bank of Maharashtra is a nationalised bank under the ownership of Ministry of Finance, Government of India. The bank had 15 million customers across the country with 1,900 branches as of 25 March 2021. It has the largest network of branches of any nationalised bank in the state of Maharashtra.