Oct 10, 2021
Chandigarh, Punjab, India
Company: Punjab Police
Location: Chandigarh, Punjab, India
Education Qualification: LLB,LLM
Online Applications are invited from Technically qualified candidates for filling up 2340 vacancies of Constables in the Technical and Support Services (TSS) Cadre of Punjab Police by way of direct recruitment.
1. Post Name: Constables
2. No of Posts: 2,340
3. Scale of Pay: Rs. 19900/-
4. Educational Qualifications:
The minimum educational qualification shall be Graduation or its equivalent from a recognized University in any of the disciplines mentioned below. The educational qualifications required for different Domains/ Specialization for candidates other than Ex-Servicemen but including their Lineal Descendants
Bachelors/ Masters Degree in Law from any University/ Institution recognised by Central/ State Government and/ or approved by AICTE/ UGC
5. Advt. No. 06 of 2021
The minimum and the maximum age of recruitment for Constables shall be 18 years and 28 years respectively as on 1st January, 2021.
General: 1500/-, SC/ ST/ BC/ EWS: Rs. 800/-, Ex-Servicemen/ Lineal Descendants: Rs. 700/-
1. Each candidate shall be issued an Admit Card indicating the specific date, time and venue for Recruitment Centre of candidate’s Phase-I (Test 1 and Test 2).
2. The candidate is required to download the Admit Card and bring a hard copy (printout) of the same, alongwith a prescribed Photo Identity Proof (Aadhaar Card, Indian Driving License, PAN card, Voter Identity card, Indian Passport), for entry to the venue of the Test.
3. Candidates desirous of applying for multiple Specializations/ Functions in a Domain shall be required to fill a single Registration form. However, they will have to deposit additional Application Fees separately for each Specializations/ Functions
4. Candidates are advised to read the instructions, as given in the Recruitment Portal, carefully, before filling–up the Application form. Incomplete Application shall be rejected outright and no correspondence shall be entertained in this regard.
5. Candidates are advised to fill all details, including their correct and active email address and mobile number, in the online Application.
6. Candidates must ensure that they have access to good internet facility with reasonable speed and facility to ensure proper completion of application process including online payment of fee.
7. Before starting to fill-up the online Application Form, candidates must keep the following information/ documents ready (including scanned copies of documents to be uploaded) with them as they would be required to upload the requisite documents, as applicable, in the online Application Form
8. Candidates should fill all details, including the category, correctly in online application from and submit the same only after ensuring that all the particulars/ details are correctly reflected in it. No request for any change in the online Application Form, after it is submitted, shall be entertained.
9. Every Candidate is required to declare her/ his Home district while filling up the Application Form.
10. Candidates are advised to retain printed/ hardcopies of their online Application Form and produce the same as and when required.
11. All candidates who apply for advertised posts shall be considered ‘provisionally eligible’ for appearing in the recruitment test. Acceptance of applications at this stage and allotment of Roll Numbers would not indicate acceptance of candidature, since there is no scrutiny of documents before the recruitment process actually begins.
12. The scrutiny of Application Forms shall be done after the conduct of the examination. The candidature of such candidates who are found not meeting the eligibility criteria, shall be rejected during or after the scrutiny process.
13. Any attempt on the part of a candidate to obtain support for his/ her candidature by any unfair means will render him/ her liable for disqualification and/ or legal action.
14. Candidates are advised in their own interest, to submit online applications well before the closing date and not to wait till the last date to avoid any rush/ server load on the website on the last days. Punjab Police shall not be responsible for the candidates not being able to submit their applications within the last date on account of the aforesaid reasons or for any other reason beyond the control of Punjab Police
15. In case the candidate experiences any difficulty in downloading the Admit card, then (s)he may contact the Helpdesk for assistance. Unique Registration ID may be kept handy while contacting the Helpdesk.
1. The Selection Process shall be conducted in 2 phases, viz., Phase-I (Test 1 and Test 2) and Phase-II (Physical Measurement Test, the Physical Screening Test and Document Scrutiny).
2. For the candidates applying under the category of Sportspersons, the Selection Process shall include additional eligibility check through the Central Recruitment Board for the recruitment of Sportspersons constituted by the DGP Punjab vide office memo no. 7805-19/E-1(4) dated 05.07.2021 in order to be considered against Sportspersons category.
3. The following shall be the constituents of the Selection Process:
a. Test 1 (Computer Based Test (CBT))
b. Test 2 (Computer Based Test (CBT))
c. Eligibility check of Sports achievements (only for Sportspersons)
d. Physical Measurement Test (Qualifying)
e. Physical Screening Test (Qualifying)
f. Document Scrutiny
4. The candidates qualifying in Phase-I (Test 1 and Test 2), based on a pre-determined cut off of marks, shall be eligible to appear in PhaseII (Physical Measurement Test, Physical Screening Test and Document Scrutiny), the venue(s) of which shall be communicated to the shortlisted candidates separately
5. Phase-I (Test 1):
Test 1 shall be a Computer Based Test (CBT). The objective of Test 1 is to check the knowledge of candidate(s) about the world and Indian history, geography, current affairs and other related areas. The questions would also test the candidates’ quantitative and numerical aptitude, logical reasoning, knowledge about English language fundamentals, grammar and composition, etc., alongwith the use of computers and IT/ ITES, basic computing skills, etc.
6. Test 1 shall be Objective type in English/ Punjabi medium with multiple choice answers totalling of 100 marks and shall be of 2 hours duration having following components:
a. 20 marks: Questions shall be from general knowledge including world history, geography, economics, science, environmental science, current affairs, Indian polity, constitution of India, basic knowledge of laws, international affairs, etc.
b. 30 marks: Questions shall test quantitative aptitude, logical reasoning, numerical aptitude, etc.
c. 30 marks: Questions in this section shall test the overall knowledge of English language, precis, comprehension and translation from Punjabi to English and vice-versa. Indicative topics will be: spelling correction, adjectives, improvement,
i. idioms and phrases, verbs, fill in the blanks, synonyms/ antonyms, grammar, one-word substitution, verbal comprehension passage, detecting mis-spelt words, passage, clauses, spot the error, vocabulary, sentence structure, analyzing precis, translation from Punjabi to English.
d. 20 marks: Questions shall test the basic knowledge of computers and information technology, computer hardware, MS-Office, common operating systems and internet concepts.
6. Phase-I (Test 2):
i. Test 2 shall be a Computer Based Test (CBT) in form of an objective type Test in English/ Punjabi medium with multiple choice answers totalling of 100 marks and shall be of 2 hours duration.
ii. The questions will test the core competence of the candidate in the domain knowledge of the respective Domain(s)/ Specialization(s), including those involving hands on testing of the candidate on a computer on the subject matter of the specific Domain/ Specialization. The question paper for the Test 2 shall be separate for each Domain/ Specialization
iii. The detailed syllabus for each Domain/ Specialization of Constables is given at the end of this document.
iv. The candidates shall appear separately in Test 2 for all such Domain(s)/ Specialization(s) as applied by them at the time of registration. The candidates applying under Sportspersons category shall also be required to appear in Test 2 for at least one such Domain(s)/ Specialization(s) as applied by them at the time of registration.
v. Out of the candidates applying under Sportspersons category, only those candidates shall be considered against Sportspersons category who are declared qualified in the eligibility check as mentioned in clause 8.2 hereinbefore.
7. Phase-II (Physical Measurement Test, Physical Screening Test and Document Scrutiny)
8. While preparing the Selection List, in the event of two candidates securing equal aggregate marks, the same Tie resolution criteria
1. The Application Form shall be available online on the website, details of which have been mentioned in this advertisement.
2. The period of Online Application Form shall be of 21 days.
3. There will be a common Application Form for Constables for all the Domains of Technical and Support Services Cadre.
4. The candidate(s) shall be required to apply in any one of the Domains as provided in para 5 this advertisement.
5. The candidate(s) shall be asked to fill in 3 choices for the preferred Recruitment Centre.
6. Punjab Police reserve the right to cancel any Recruitment Centre and ask the candidate(s) of that Recruitment Centre to appear from another Centre.
7. The candidate(s) will fill up the Application Form and submit the same online itself, after completing it in all respects.
8. The required documents, photographs and the signatures will also have to be uploaded by the candidate(s) in the online Application Form.
9. Recruitment Portal for submission of Online Application and for recruitment related information: https://iur.ls/punjabpolicerecruitment2021
10. Punjab Police Website: https://www.punjabpolice.gov.in
11. Opening Date and Time for Submission of Online Application: 09:00:00 on 9th September, 2021
12. Closing Date and Time for Submission of Online Application: 23:59:59 on 10th October, 2021
Mumbai, Jodhpur and New Delhi.