Post: Advocate/ Lawyer
Company: Delhi Police
Location: Delhi, Delhi, India
Education Qualification: LLB
Delhi Police invites applications for the empanelment of Advocates/ Lawyers for the purpose of providing legal assistance to the Investigating Officers of Delhi Police in the cases under following heads:-
(a) Offences Against the State;
(b) Offences relating to the Army, Navy & Air Force;
(c) Offences affecting the human body;
(d) Offences against property and
(e) Offences relating to documents and property marks.
(f) POCSO Cases;
(g) NDPS Act cases;
(h) MCOCA cases;
(i) JJ Act;
(j) UAP Act cases; and
(k) Any other case (s) with the approval of CP Delhi.
1. Post Name: Advocates/ Lawyers
2. Total Number of Vacancies: 11.
3. Professional and educational qualification:
(i) The applicant must posses a degree of Law from a recognized University and must be a registered legal practitioner.
(ii) He should have at least 5 years of practice in criminal matters, preferably trial court practices.
(iii) Retired PPs and advocates having served or on government panels tendering legal advice in criminal matters may also apply.
4. Scope of work: Broadly, the scope of work of Advocates/Legal Consultants on panel would be as under:-
A) In matters where FIR has been registered:
a. To tender legal advice to the Investigating Officers during:
(i) All stages of investigation i.e. from the registration of case to the filing of charge sheet. The work will also include help in drafting legal papers.
(ii) To provide legal advice in Bail matters and Misc. maters in various courts, including Hon’ble Supreme Court and High Courts.
b. To assist the IOs in drafting questionnaire for seeking opinion from experts i.e. Doctors, Forensic Science Laboratories (CFSL & FSLs) etc.
c. To discuss and share case laws, prominent Judgments of the Hon’ble High Court and Apex Court respectively.
d. To assist the IOs in interpreting the laws, statutory rules and regulations and amendments thereof.
B) Miscellaneous Matters:
a. To seek Legal Advice in the matter of complaints/references.
b. To seek Legal Advice in the matter of application/cases registered u/s 156(3) Cr.PC.
c. To seek Legal Advice in the matter of legal notice received u/s 80 CPC and 140 DP Act etc.
d. To assist preparing replies to notices, received from various Commissions.
e. Any other reference as per the requirements of Delhi Police Headquarters.
6. Payment Terms:
The panel advocates/legal consultants shall raise their bills to the concerned DCP for their payment. Thereafter, respective District/Unit DCsP shall verify the raised bills and make payments from their budget head “Professional Services Head” allotted to Delhi Police as per the existing financial rules applicable to Delhi Police.
The candidates should not be more than 65 years of age as on 01.10.2021.
Fee payable for processing the application: Rs 500/- (Rs Five hundreds only)
1. The initial empanelment will be for one year and thereafter will be reviewed for further extension.
2. The empanelled advocates should not professionally take a position where his interest conflicts with the interest of Delhi Police.
3. The empanelled advocates should maintain absolute confidentiality required by his empanelment.
4. The officials so empanelled shall not have any right, whatsoever, in respect of claiming any permanent post, regularization or extensions of this empanelment. The decision of the CP/Delhi will be final.
5. The Advocate assigned with any case/reference shall not take up the cases in which he/she is in conflict of interest either with complainant and / or alleged / suspects / accused persons / organizations etc.
6. The advocate as selected shall submit a written consent to take up the case with undertaking as mentioned above.
7. In addition to the normal working days, If he/she is required to attend the office on Saturday/Sunday and other holidays in exigencies of work, he/she shall not be paid any additional remuneration.
8. Delhi Police will arrange typist & photocopying and no charges for typing & photocopying will be paid.
9. If any declaration or information furnished by him/her proves to be false or if he/she is found to have willfully suppressing any material information, his/her empanelment will be terminated.
10. No travelling allowance will be paid for joining the duties.
11. The selected candidates will be liable for disciplinary action by the Bar Council for professional misconduct. Apart from the provision of termination of the empanelment, provisions of Prevention of Corruption Act would apply to
him/her, as he/she would be a public servant during the term of his/her contract.
12. The selected candidates shall be eligible for leave of 08 days in one year on valid medical/other ground. No other leave will be admissible to the selected candidates.
13. The selected candidates shall be required to maintain discipline and absolute integrity in accordance with CCS (Conduct) Rules, 1964.
14. The working hours of the selected candidates would be the same, as are being observed by Delhi Police. However, they would not be entitled forany earned leave etc. The Legal Consultants must remain available from 2.00 p.m. to 10.00 p.m. for providing legal advice.
15. Further, the character and antecedents of selected candidates shall be verified and if anything adverse is found in the report, their candidature will be cancelled.
16. Appeals/Revisions or Petitions arising from one common judgment/order will beconsidered as one case.
17. When misc. applications are filed in a case, including transfer petition only drafting charges will be payable and no separate fee will be payable.
18. When counsel is changed during the pendency of the case fees will be paid in proportionate manner.
19. Fees payable in any case not covered in the schedule specifically shall be at the discretion of the Spl. CP/Legal Cell, PHQ, whose decision shall be final.
20. In the event of any doubt or difference of opinion regarding the fee payable, the decision of the Spl. CP/Legal Cell, PHQ shall be final and binding.
21. The empanelled Advocates/Legal Consultants shall have to give an undertaking as per the interest of the department, once selected.
Room No. 623, 6th floor, Tower-II, New PHQ, Jai Singh Road, New Delhi
1. Advertisement shall be given in prominent National Dailies (Hindi & English), as well as on Delhi Police Website
2. Application shall be invited from desirous candidates. A Selection Committee shall be nominated by CP Delhi to shortlist the candidates and prepare a list from the willing applicants.
3. The candidates so shortlisted based on their experience in criminal legal field shall be interviewed by the Selection Committee constituted for the purpose.
4. The Selection Committee shall recommend a panel of advocates to the Commissioner of Police, for approval.
5. The decision of CP/Delhi shall be final. No correspondence in this regard will be entertained
6. Intimation shall be sent only to the selected candidates.
7. The advocates would be empanelled for a period of 1 year from the date of empanelment.
8. The Selection Committee may extend empanelment for a further period of such advocates subject to the satisfaction of the Selection Committee and the approval of Commissioner of Police, Delhi.
Desirous candidates may download the Application forms from Delhi Police Website i.e. www.delhipolice.nic.in and submit applications from 10.00 am to 5.00 p.m in Room No. 623, 6th floor, Tower-II, New PHQ, Jai Singh Road, New Delhi w.e.f. 06.10.2021 till 14.10.2021 (on working days).
Shubham Pabbi & Associates
New Delhi and Chandigarh