Post: Legal Counsel - Financing
Company: OLX Group
Location: Gurgaon , Haryana, India
Education Qualification: Law Degree
WELCOME TO OLX AUTOS & OLX GROUP
322M monthly active users; US $1.6 billion in revenue and 18% revenue growth (FY 2021; 36% growth in FY2020); Part of Naspers’ Prosus, one of the biggest technology investors in the world (An early investor in Tencent and the owner of StackOverFlow). +30 countries. +20 Brands. Powered by +10,000 employees representing 81 nationalities.
Part of the OLX Group, with 5,000+ employees and 500+ inspection centers across the Americas, and Asia, OLX Autos manages a truly global car marketplace. OLX Autos is the smart way to sell your car. We offer one-stop solutions that are safe, convenient, and offer guaranteed peace of mind for both buyer and seller.
We are looking for Legal Counsel to be a part of the OLX Group legal team. The candidate will be the lead counsel for the vehicle financing vertical (end-to-end).
The role will report to the Senior Legal Counsel, OLX Autos and will be involved in solving day-to-day legal-lending problems of a fast-paced internet business helping the company navigate through competitive and regulatory challenges.
What you will be doing:
- Solving day to day legal problems of a fast-paced customer facing business
- Providing legal assistance to the business team in relation to operational issues, recovery matters, executive overreach, litigation, arbitration, law enforcement matters etc
- Managing the RBI, NBFC, FDI and other connected compliances for the vehicle financing vertical to ensure that the business continues to operate in a managed risk environment
- Liaison with various law enforcement and regulatory agencies to ensure seamless operations; and
- Formulating and implementing company policies especially in relation to vehicle financing while enabling quick scaling of the business.
Who we’re looking for:
- Minimum 6 years PQE, with experience working with legal department of a Scheduled Bank, RBI registered NBFC with focus on disbursing vehicle loans and recovery. Relevant experience with technology driven fintech businesses will be an added advantage
- Deep understanding of banking and NBFC related laws and their implementation in day-to-day financing business
- Good command over civil, criminal, insolvency, debt recovery and bankruptcy procedures.
- Experience in debt collection and recovery especially from end consumers and MSMEs; working experience in engaging repossession agencies, collection agencies, and recovery agents will be helpful
- Well-rounded problem solver with good project and stakeholder management skills, eager to work and learn in a fast-paced business. People with previous work experience with fast-paced businesses and the ability to negotiate through uncertainties. The role is expected to be an individual contributor and should be ready to “make the coffee” (pick up the smallest of tasks) while being responsible to the business management.