Careers that Change Lives
We are looking for a qualified Legal Counsel with over 10-12 years’ experience in MNCs to oversee the legal aspects of our business. The candidate will safeguard our reputation by guaranteeing that the company strictly follows laws and regulations and also abides by Medtronic policies and extends legal advice to management about all relevant issues.
The successful candidate will effectively ensure legal conformity and minimize probability of exposure.
At Medtronic, we believe in the power of medical technology to improve lives. Seven decades ago, our co-founder invented the battery-powered pacemaker. Today, we are among the largest medical device companies in the world. With operations in 150 countries, our products treat 70 health conditions and include cardiac devices, cranial and spine robotics, insulin pumps, surgical tools, patient monitoring systems, and more. Our therapies help 75 million people a year and support our Mission to alleviate pain, restore health, and extend life. Our people make it possible. We value diverse perspectives and encourage our 90,000+ employees to be themselves. We hold each other accountable, act with integrity, and make quality our highest priority. We are privileged to be part of the communities where we live and work. We are committed to giving back and reducing our impact on the environment. Let's take healthcare Further, Together
A Day in the Life
- Advising various business verticals and functions on legal issues
- Interpretation of laws and regulations and advising on their applicability
- Strategizing and formulating litigation strategy in line with commercial objectives of the Company
- Handle court cases independently, as and when required
- Draft and vetting court pleadings, legal notices, responses to legal notices etc. and briefing outside counsels and law firms
- Managing outside counsels to derive the optimum synergies
- Collaborate with management to devise efficient proactive strategies
- Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advise on potential legal issues
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (customers, regulators, external counsels, public authority etc.), creating relations of trust
- Draft, negotiate and manage the agreements, contracts, MoUs, LoIs, and other legaldocuments to ensure and protect the company’s legal rights
- Responsible for managing Passport – an inhouse litigation system
- Review and recommend revisions to templates periodically, to reflect new requirements
- Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders and forces
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization
- Assisting with training and preparation of policies and procedure
- Maintain current knowledge or amendments in legislation
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- LLB or Masters and having 10-12 years’ of PQE, largely as an inhouse counsel. Preference will be extended to additional qualification like Company Secretaryship or domain knowledge in data privacy and/ or financing/leasing arrangements.
- Proven experience as a legal counsel in business environment
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of contract law, civil and criminal laws, corporate law and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to create legal strategies
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Sound judgement and ability to analyse situations and information
- Excellent communication and team skills