As part of the Norwegian state owned Statkraft Group, Statkraft has been in India since 2004 and was the first foreign investor in Indian hydropower sector. The objective is to become a significant independent power producer in India over the next few years.
Your main responsibilities:
- Provide legal analysis and advice mainly on energy, corporate, contract, construction, regulatory and property laws. Project legal risk analysis and management.
- Assisting the Solar Business Development of greenfield projects, distributed solar energy solutions for commercial & industrial customers, provide financing (innovative structuring), audit of solar project sites etc.
- Provide advice on regulatory compliance requirements of Indian laws and relevant regulatory authorities, requirements for licenses & permits etc.
- Negotiating, drafting, reviewing various agreements and other legal documents, including energy sale/purchase and other trading related agreements MoUs, non-disclosure agreements, lease agreements, construction contracts, affidavit, indemnity etc.;
- Advising on legal risks and compliance matters;
- Assisting in the proposed M&A transactions for the company.
- Work in close coordination with business team on issues and product offers; standardization of documents;
- Engage and manage relationships with external legal counsels;
- Represent the company before Courts of law, Tribunals & if need be, statutory authorities.
- updating of new applicable provisions, important judgments etc. and ensuring timely implementation of new laws and regulations.
The Legal Counsel profile should possess the following attributes:
- Law degree from a premier Law College in India.
- Minimum 10-12 years’ experience in commercial legal work gained preferably in an international company as in -house or a top tier law firm;
- Some previous exposure to power sector i.e. solar, wind, hydro etc. is preferable, for instance energy sector M&A, project development work for solar, wind or hydro projects, construction contracts for energy projects, or power purchase agreements;
- Proactive, adaptable with the ability to work independently and most importantly be a “Statkraft fit”.
- Proven efficient editing, reviewing and contract drafting skills (excellent writing skills);
- A responsible and discreet person with integrity and high ethical standards;
- Hard working, analytical, efficient, research and solution oriented;
- Good communication skills and a good team player;
- Professional and personal development in a multinational company experiencing strong growth.
- A positive working environment characterised by competence, responsibility and innovation.
- A diverse workplace with regard to gender, age and cultural background.
- Competitive terms of employment and benefit schemes.
Statkraft is a leading company in hydropower internationally and Europe’s largest generator of renewable energy. The Group produces hydropower, wind power, solar power, gas-fired power and supplies district heating. Statkraft is a global company in energy market operations. Statkraft has 4500 employees in 17 countries.