About the Opportunity
Microsoft India’s GSMO (Global Sales, Marketing, and Operations) headquarter in Gurgaon, is looking to hire a Legal Counsel.
Role and Responsibiities
As part of CELA’s (Corporate, External, & Legal Affairs) Global, Commercial, Field Group (GCFG) organization, the attorney will oversee and conduct internal investigations and provide legal advice on compliance issues and programs to various Microsoft entities in India, including the sales and marketing organization (GSMO), as well as the Research & Development entity (Microsoft Research) and the various engineering teams (India Development Center, Azure Global Engineering).
- Supervising and conducting sensitive internal investigations, including developing the plan of investigation, conducting subject and witness interviews, analyzing evidence, drafting investigation memoranda, and remediating issues identified.
- Working with business leadership, compliance committees, and multi-disciplinary teams including in HR, Finance, CELA, and other stakeholders to analyze compliance and related legal risks, resolve issues, and implement overall business strategy.
- Contributing to building a culture of ethics & integrity in Microsoft India’s entities, including through driving learning sessions through case studies in senior leadership board and other relevant business managers groups, or company-wide forums, various ethical culture programs designed at headquarters or locally, training sessions etc.
- Manage complex projects and communications across diverse stakeholders, including playing a strong Compliance community leadership role in Asia and globally, by developing and leverage best practices and building on the success of others.
Educational and Competency Requirements
Qualification & Experience
- A law degree from a reputed law school.
- Master’s higher degree would be a plus but not a requirement.
- 8+ years of work experience in a government agency, international law firm, or in-house legal department. In-house Microsoft experience will be a huge plus.
- Strong experience in dealing with compliance and/or internal investigations in or on behalf of a multi-national company or other large complex organization.
- Excellent written and spoken English. Experience in dealing with diverse cultures preferred.
- Willingness to travel as required.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong commitment to and reputation for ethics and integrity; ability to exercise independent judgment, objective thinking, and decision-making.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration, communication, and interviewing skills.
- Outstanding analytical and writing ability, with a keen sense of dealing with the business data and the details of a matter.
- A firm understanding of relevant laws and regulations applicable to U.S. companies, including the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), as well as an appreciation of pertinent accounting and finance principles.
- Ability to work efficiently and independently, prioritize workflow and adjust to frequent workload fluctuations.
- Ability to apply sound, principled, and consistent judgment in a fast-moving and challenging legal and business environment.
- Ability to analyze complex financial, business, and legal issues and communicate them in a clear and concise fashion.
- Prior experience working across diverse cultures and managing and building strong client relationships.
- A strong grasp of employment, privacy, and other requirements relating to internal investigations.
Perks and Benefits
- Industry-leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
How to Apply
- Click on the link given at the end of this post.
- Sign-in to apply for the role.
Microsoft India is a fascinating region to build one’s diverse work experience and enriching career development, as it is the only region in the world (outside of US) to have all MS Subsidiaries, including LinkedIn and GitHub.Microsoft is looking for an experienced senior attorney to assist in Microsoft’s continuing commitment to comply with laws, regulations and policies governing its business, finance, and accounting activities across India.