About the Opportunity
GSK or Glaxo Smith Kline India is looking to hire for the job post of Legal Counsel, with minimum of 3 years of post-qualification experience, for its office in Bangalore.
As a member of the LCN Delivery Team, you will be accountable for providing quality contracting support on a global basis for various GSK stakeholders. Responsibilities include:
- Providing quality contracting support autonomously to the business. This includes providing analysis, drafting, and counsel on transactions, including any related legal, policy, regulatory and compliance issues—integrating legal knowledge with sound business understanding.
- Negotiating and drafting other legal documents. Conduct research on various legal issues. Perform or support due diligence on proposed transactions
- Reviewing and interpreting new or pending legislation and regulations impacting contracting to ensure compliance and share knowledge with the rest of the team.
- This role requires a broad-based provision of legal support and expertise in worldwide commercial transactions.
- Collaborating with and provide counsel to numerous relevant stakeholders including interactions with senior leaders in the Biopharma organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
Who is it for?
- Qualified lawyer with minimum of 3 years’ experience in a law firm and/or in-house, including relevant experience in commercial contracting globally.
- Willingness to work flexible hours as this position supports global business in different geographies.
Skills and Competencies
- Awareness of departmental guidance on best practices, processes, templates, clauses and playbooks.
- Familiarity with global privacy law and GDPR.
- Understanding legal and financial risks and implications of contracts.
- Agility to become quickly familiar and proficient with Conga, the Contract Lifecycle management system.
Glaxo Smith Kline (GSK) plc is a British multinational pharmaceutical company headquartered in Brentford, England.GlaxoSmithKline PLC is a science-led global healthcare company. The Company operates through two segments: Pharmaceuticals and Vaccines. The Company focuses on its research across six areas: Respiratory diseases, human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)/infectious diseases, Vaccines, Immuno-inflammation, Oncology, and Rare diseases. The Company makes a range of prescription medicines and vaccines products.