About the Opportunity
CIPET or Central Institute of Petrochemicals and Engineering & Technology is looking to hire a Legal Consultant for Legal and Service Matters, for its Chennai office.
Number of Positions
- Any Graduate / Post Graduate with Degree in Law from a recognized University.
- Relevant post qualification experience in legal and service matters of Central Government employees.
Skills and Competencies
- Thorough knowledge in Legal matters related to Civil & Service issues pertaining to Central Govt. and also knowledge in DoPT Guidelines, CCS (CCA) Rules and other rules and regulations pertaining to the Central Govt. Employees.
- Act as counsel in Court / Tribunal proceedings to handle cases on behalf of the Institute/ Conducting Departmental Inquiries / Handling Vigilance matters / legal disputes.
- To offer the best legal advice in compliance with legal requirements / Consulting external lawyers on legal matters as and when necessary.
- Sound knowledge of Administrative regulations / Office procedures in Govt. / Semi Govt. / Autonomous bodies
- Hands-on experience in Legal procedures / Labour laws / Preparation of contract documents and agreements, etc.
How to Apply
- The filled-in application form along with necessary enclosures should be sent in a sealed envelope by speed post, to the following address:
Principal Director (NP/Legal),
CIPET Head Office,
T.V.K. Industrial Estate,
Guindy, Chennai – 600 032
- The candidate should clearly mention “Advertisement No.” and “Name of the post” in BOLD letters on top of the envelope.
The last date for submission of an application is October 30, 2020.
CIPET or Central Institute of Petrochemicals and Engineering & Technology was established in 1968 by Government of India with the assistance of United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) at Chennai.The main objective of setting up of this specialized institute was to develop manpower in different disciplines of Plastics Engineering & Technology as no similar institute was in existence in the country. International Labour Organization (ILO) served as the executing agency.