Job For Legal Counsel
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Role & Responsibilities:
- Contract Management - Proficiency in Contract drafting/ vetting from a legal perspective.
- Drafting/ Vetting/ negotiations - Drafting legal notices, MOUs/ LOIs, NDAs, Lease Deeds, etc., and other agreements with a focus on Real Estate, Risk Mitigation, and final closure of the same during client calls.
- Litigation Management - Coordination with external counsels and internal business departments for litigation matters, maintaining trackers and reporting the same to APAC Legal.
- Corporate Governance - Work with the Finance Department, external counsels, company secretaries, auditors, etc. for corporate governance, secretarial work, etc.
- Research/ Regulatory
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments and industry initiatives. Industry-specific monthly legal updates.
- Interprets, understands, and applies relevant laws, legal and regulatory systems, principles, and practices. Incumbent demonstrates strong interpersonal skills and adherence to core values of the company’s ethics and code of conduct.
- M&A and Debt Funding
- Effectively manage the successful negotiation, drafting, and completion of complex corporate transactions and contracts (both domestic and international).
- Manage complex corporate structuring, in India and internationally, as the organization continues its aggressive inorganic growth agenda.
- Analyze the implications for current and future business, on account of proposed changes to the law, report the same to the management, demonstrating a wider view that benefits the company.
- Coordination with different business verticals/ departments, support functions, operations team, and site teams for the purposes of ensuring our representation before quasi-judicial; judicial and regulatory authorities in the manner as directed or required, with emphasis on Real Estate, Product, and Corporate Strategy.
- Coordination with different business verticals/ departments, support functions, operations team, and site teams for the purposes of replying to claims against the Company
- Work with Corporate Strategy, Finance, and the Company Secretary in close coordination with to proactively manage investments and acquisitions, Corporate Governance matters etc.
- Work with the Real Estate and Product Team closely on Lease Deeds, Due Diligences, Landlord Communication and Issues, Compliances etc
- Work with the stakeholders and the external legal counsel on managing litigation and ensuring minimum adverse order against the company
- Conduct Presentations & Seminars in coordination with Sr. to educate Company’s businesses and functions in India on various topics as & when required.
- Law degree from an accredited university
- 7-10 years post qualification experience in commercial real estate and M&A legal practice obtained either in a corporate/MNC in-house position or in a Law Firm. Experience in an in-house law department of a multinational corporation, while not essential, is desirable.
- A world-class commercial lawyer with substantial experience managing M&A, complex financial transactions, managing outside counsel
- Up to date knowledge of laws relating to the contracts, supply of services, contract labor laws, company laws, M&A.
- Company Secretary degree with experience in handling the corporate governance of the entity is preferred
- Vendor Management and Litigation management experience
- Able to adapt quickly to changes in the legal and regulatory environment, the market or the Firm strategy.
- A collaborative individual with strong business acumen, leadership skills, and boardroom savvy, who is willing to speak their mind.
- Works with a degree of professional independence.
- Solution-oriented approach to more complex matters.
- This individual will need to be proactive, complemented by a high degree of personal motivation and competitive drive. It is critical that this individual possess a high degree of energy to support a very vibrant and achievement-oriented team.
WeWork provides you with the space, community, and services you need to make a life, not just a living. We transform buildings into beautiful, collaborative workspaces and provide infrastructure, services, events and tech so our members can focus on doing what they love.