Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Post: Business Manager - Legal
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
The overall purpose of the role is to support the Finance Business Partners to manage and control costs across the Legal function. It provides an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to get involved in cost management activities with considerable exposure to both Finance and Legal stakeholders and a platform to influence and drive initiatives.
What will you be doing?
• Support the Legal Finance Business Partners (FBPs) to deliver the day to day cost agenda across the Legal function.
• Work closely with procurement teams to ensure external spend is correctly accrued and purchase orders are managed in line with best practice.
• Analyse and interpret cost performance with a good understanding of key drivers and provided insightful narrative.
• Work in partnership with Legal, Finance and HR teams to ensure full alignment, accuracy and ownership of the numbers.
• Run processes / initiatives across the Legal FBP team as required ensuring efficiency and effectiveness.
• Support transformation activity in the Legal function by ensuring cost targets reflect challenges agreed and track actual savings and efficiencies.
• Global Cost Accruals
o Pre-month review of expense and accruals
o Calculation of accruals and maintenance of calculation models
o Liaise with Accounting Operations to ensure posting of accruals, prepayments and expense re class.
o Maintain adequate substantiation of accruals and prepayments,
• Global Cost Review and Analytics
o Global Cost Analysis by account line / cost centres
o Run daily reports from SAP Ledgers/ BW/Apptio / CEO Cube etc during month end process
• Management Reporting
o Provide insights and commentary on MI
o Resolve queries and ad-hoc requests by BMs / FBPs
• Planning and Outlook
o Prepare planning and outlook templates for review with BMs/FBPs
o Support BMs on the overall MTP/STP exercise
What we’re looking for:
• Strong experience in a Business Management function with an excellent understanding of working with leaders on a day-to-day basis
• Strong Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint skills and experience
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to communicate the story and provide executive reporting / communication
• Attention to detail and strong organisational skills a must
• Degree qualification as a minimum. Preferably Accounting/ Finance/ Business Management.
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience in financial services; on an international scale preferred
• Ability to balance multiple critical requests from various stakeholders and prioritise in the right order
• Ability to drive and execute deliverables in short time frames and work with limited supervision and able to thrive in a challenging and ever changing environment
• Ability to develop and maintain constructive relationships with internal stakeholders across all levels and geographies of the organization.
• Strong communication skills across a variety of forums and mediums. Proven ability to distil information into key messages and deliver succinctly according to audience
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Department of Science & Technology, A & N Administration
Port Blair, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, India
October 25, 2021
Delhi, Delhi, India