- Regular communication with JioSaavn business units to help identify and address legal issues associated with technology, digital product, digital content, integrated marketing, and programming across the JioSaavn platform.
- Advise and provide legal advice on a wide spectrum of contract, technology, corporate, advertising, intellectual property, corporate, and privacy-related issues.
- Work closely with JioSaavn’s content strategy groups to assess risks associated with evolving content acquisition strategies and the licensing/clearance of related rights.
- Support the Legal Affairs group with ongoing workstreams including compliance, process improvement, template development and the use of technology to increase efficiencies.
- Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably work on multiple projects under tight timelines in an environment that is fast-paced and effectively communicate and collaborate with a broad range of constituents that are involved.
- Should express comfort working with technology and the ability to learn, display and grasp proficiency with technology.
- L.L.B with strong academic performance.
- Admitted to practice in India.
- 2-3 years of transactional legal experience in a top-tier law firm or in-house legal department.
- Comprehensive understanding of Media & Entertainment laws, Intellectual Property laws, Information Technology laws.
- Knowledge and practice of Corporate laws.
- Excellent business and legal judgment. Superior ability to assess risk and determine priorities based on that risk assessment as well as the needs of the business.
- Proven ability to quickly understand and learn new skill sets and new areas of practice.
- Exceptionally strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to tailor communication styles to diverse audiences.
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and complete them on time.
- An ideal candidate is a “techie” by avocation and an avid music listener.
- An entrepreneurial, creative and solution-driven outlook on all legal strategies.
Benefits and Perks
At JioSaavn, we blur work and play, and you get all the perks of a global company. You will get to work with a dynamic group of entrepreneurs, who are delivering results and working zealously across time zones to make a difference in the way the world experiences music. We love what we do, and we think you will too.
- Group Mediclaim
- Fun Fridays
- Flexible vacation policies
- Free healthy (and unhealthy) lunches & snacks
- JioSaavn-sponsored team outings
JioSaavn is currently seeking an experienced lawyer to join the in-house legal team to play a crucial legal and business affairs role for JioSaavn’s India operations. A successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the evolving needs of a fast-paced and high-growth business, bringing pragmatic solutions, best practices, and strategies for managing legal risks. We are looking for a talented lawyer with initiative and drive who can effectively partner with business teams and handle a high volume of varied and complex legal work in the media, music, and technology sectors. This role will require you to play an important role in JioSaavn’s Legal and Business Affairs department in India and as such, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to offer legal advice clearly and effectively to a diverse audience are essential. This position reports directly to our AVP- Legal & Business Affairs.