In view of the Covid-19 pandemic, the regular CCI internship program has been suspended for the time being. However, for the benefit of students, the Commission will continue its Online Internship beyond September 2021 and up to December 2021.
For September 2021 to December 2021 Online Internships, eligible applicants whose applications received by the 1st of the preceding month (for example, for internship of December 2021-application should be received by 1st of November 2021) shall only be considered.
- The shortlisted candidates shall be allocated guides/mentors who are Officers of CCI.
- The interns will be provided contact details of their mentors/guides for being in regular touch with them to complete the assigned work.
- The duration of online internship shall be decided by the mentor/guide depending on the work assigned.
- In the first week of every month, online orientation programme will be organized for selected students by Advocacy Division of CCI and a review meeting will be conducted in second week of the month through virtual mode.
Who is it for?
- Applicable to Indian Nationals only.
- The internship is open to students from recognized Institutions and Universities with exposure to Competition
- Students with a placement in hand are not eligible.
Students pursuing the following courses can apply:
Economics and Management
- MA/MSc. (Economics)
- 4th and final year students of 5-year integrated degree Programme in Economics
- 2nd and 3rd year of the
- Bachelors degree in Law (3-year course after graduation) or
- Fourth and final year of the five-year integrated course in Law and
- Students who have taken the 3rd year exam and are entering the 4th year.
Regulatory Governance: MA/MSc. (Regulatory Governance)
Professional Courses: Students of the final group of Chartered Accountancy or Cost Accountancy or Company Secretary
No stipend will be paid for an online internship.
How to Apply?
- Applications should mandatorily be in the prescribed format available on the CCI website. Applications in other formats shall be rejected summarily.
- A Statement of Purpose should be accompanied with the application which should reflect the reason for selection and probable area of research/internship project.
- Applicants shall submit their applications duly signed/endorsed by their colleges/institutions in the space specifically provided in the application form with the heading ‘CERTIFICATION AND RECOMMENDATION BY INSTITUTION’
or in alternative,
applications must be accompanied by a scanned copy of the email/letter from the respective institution certifying that the student is a bonafide student of the institution and pursuing the course (with the year) mentioned in the application for internship.
- Such email/letter must be issued by Dean/Registrar/HoD/Director/Authorized Officials.
- Applications shall be sent in PDF mode online only. Hard copies of applications shall not be accepted.
- The emails carrying such requests shall indicate “Online Internship during the month of _____ (mention intended month) 2021” as subject/title of the email.
- All such requests for online internship must be sent to email@example.com
Please refer to the notification of 2020 for the application format.
Duration of the Internship
- However, applicants desirous of pursuing internships for 2-3 calendar months can also apply with due recommendation of the respective universities/Colleges/Institutions for the period applied for.
- There will be a short induction programme on provisions of the Competition Act, 2002 on the 1st day of the Internship.
On certification by the concerned mentor/guide that the assigned intern has worked/completed the internship to his satisfaction, a certificate for the period of internship shall be awarded to the interns.
Shortlisted candidates shall be intimated through contact details (email ID) provided by them in their requests/applications.
Competition Commission of India (CCI) is a statutory body of the Government of India responsible for enforcing The Competition Act, 2002 and promoting competition throughout India, and preventing activities that have an appreciable adverse effect on competition in India. It was established on October 14, 2003.