Rackspace is looking for a Legal Counsel to provide legal leadership and support to its APJ business. The APJ region includes our offices and operations in Australia, India, Singapore, Hong Kong and New Zealand. The successful candidate will be a key member of the International Legal team which is responsible for managing all EMEA and APJ legal commercial matters for the global business. The role is primarily focused on providing commercial contracts support to the sales teams in the APJ region and will work closely with the business leaders to help them achieve their projected sales growth. The successful candidate will report to the VP, Deputy General Counsel International, who is based in the UK, with day to day management provided by our Senior Legal Counsel based in Sydney
- Acting as a Legal business partner for all in-region commercial transactions, with a strong focus on sales.
- Structuring , negotiating and drafting sales, partner and vendor contracts and related agreements which can range from standard contracts to bespoke, complex and enterprise transactions.
- Advising senior executives and other business team members on general legal and contract specific issues and risks, their impact and mitigating actions.
- Assisting the Senior Legal Counsel in working with the sales teams.
- Providing the requisite legal approval on sales contracts in accordance with our standard policies and procedures, escalating non-standard matters to the VP, Deputy General Counsel.
- Partnering with our International Legal team and US Legal team to ensure we have a consistent global approach in the way we work with our internal clients.
- Providing training to the sales teams on legal engagement and our standard legal policies and procedures.
- Attending regular meetings with the sales and legal stakeholders, providing written progress reports and delivering on process improvement initiatives.
- Ability to simplify, problem solve, multitask and work effectively against deadline.
- Qualified Solicitor
- 5-7 years post qualified experience, with strong academic background.
- Extensive background in general IT law and data protection law with significant IT/Internet technology sector experience.
- Previous in-house legal experience working on sales contracts in different APJ country locations (e.g., Australia, India, Singapore) for a global technology company.
- A good understanding of cross jurisdictional issues that may arise when negotiating global agreements with multinational companies, particularly in relation to the APJ region.
- Broad transactional background, including extensive general commercial contracting on sales contracts and software licensing/intellectual property experience.
- Excellent negotiation and drafting skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal client and legal stakeholders and act as a business enabler.
- Confident in advising senior management on legal, risk and strategic issues with a willingness to challenge when required.
- Flexible approach, willing to accommodate out of hours work when required to support APJ offices and the legal teams in EMEA.
- Ability to work autonomously with independent thinking, as the Legal leader present in the APJ country location.
- Excellent commercial and strategic business judgment.
At Rackspace Technology, we accelerate the value of the cloud during every phase of digital transformation. By managing apps, data, security and multiple clouds, we are the best choice to help customers get to the cloud, innovate with new technologies and maximize their IT investments. As a recognized Gartner Magic Quadrant leader, we are uniquely positioned to close the gap between the complex reality of today and the promise of tomorrow. Passionate about customer success, we provide unbiased expertise, based on proven results, across all the leading technologies. And across every interaction worldwide, we deliver Fanatical Experience TM — the best customer service experience in the industry. Rackspace has been honored by Fortune, Forbes, Glassdoor and others as one of the best places to work.
Rs. 1 to 3 Lac/annum