About the Opportunity
CCPP is inviting applications for internship in Criminal Justice Policy Research Program, from law graduates and post-graduates, among other fields.
About the Internship
This internship is specifically for students/graduates interested in the subject of crime and justice.
This internship is a collaborative effort between the Center for Criminology & Public Policy, Udaipur and the Rajasthan Society of Criminology and Victimology.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supporting on-going policy research projects
- Developing knowledge products on current affairs relevant to India’s crime and criminal justice policy
- Supporting ongoing-educational activities
- Collecting data, conducting literature reviews, and working with qualitative and quantitative data
- Writing policy briefs, research reports, and executive summaries for internal and external audiences
- Engaging with key stakeholders in government and other research establishments
- Presenting papers to large and smaller audiences
- Monitoring external research and policy developments
- Reviewing manuscripts submitted for publication
- Assisting with social media (Facebook and Twitter)
- Updating contact databases
- Other related duties as assigned
- Education: Bachelors’ or Masters’ (or degree in progress) in the following:
- Criminal Justice
- Public Policy
- International Studies
- Police Administration
- Criminal Law
- Political Science
- Statistics, and
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, particularly Word and Excel
- Demonstrated knowledge and interest in Crime & Criminal Justice/or Public Policy
- Eagerness to be creative and to take initiative on new ideas and projects
- Ability to work in a small team or independently as needed
The duration of the internship is flexible but is normally between 8 to 16 weeks.
- Performace-based Stipend (To learn more about this, read about the internship carefully by clicking on the link provided at the end of this post)
- Exceptional candidates will also receive a citation of excellence.
- Only those interns who perform satisfactorily will qualify for a certificate and the stipend.
How to Apply
Click on the link below to apply.
The Center for Criminology & Public Policy (CCPP) is an Indian think tank dedicated to research in criminal justice policy and practice. It was established under the stewardship of R Rochin Chandra – a dynamic young criminologist imbued with the spirit of public service.