ICM is inviting applications for its internship programme. In the calendar year 2022, there are two internships available to apply for.
The internship program is available in the area of
- Pre-Departure Orientation & Training (PDOT) and Skills,
- Research on International Migration and Diasporas.
The internship program provides an opportunity to carry out substantive policy research including analysis and providing inputs that would be useful to the Overseas Indian Affairs (OIA) Division of the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA).
Duration of the Internship
12 Months; [Extendable for a further period of one year on evaluation of work performance]
- He/she will be required to submit a written report of 1000 words once in a month to CEO, ICM as per the format of ICM.
- Four months after joining the internship program, he/she will make a presentation to Committee set up by ICM which will evaluate the research study. Another presentation will be after 8 months with the final presentation at end of the internship program.
- Selected research interns will be required to also help organize & participate in conferences, lectures, seminars & other academic events organized by ICM.
- A final presentation will be made to an identified Expert Committee set up by MEA 15 days before the end of internship to review and finalize the report as per the identified deliverables.
- The interns are required to submit a final report consisting of at least 10,000 words including sources of data, key observations, analysis, findings, recommendations for MEA etc., including on specific areas of work allocated.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 60% marks in any subject from a recognised university.
- Preference in shortlisting will be given to candidates having higher educational qualifications and/or experience in the field of international migration and diasporas.
- Age limit: 30 years as on the last date of submission of application.
A consolidated amount of Rs. 30,000 per month (Tax Deducted at Source (TDS)).
How to Apply?
- The applicants can send their updated resume and a copy of the most recent publications, if any, to ICM at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please fill up all details pertaining to academic qualifications, experience, list of publications and work experience as per the format/table given in the official advertisement.
- Applications for the internship program will be received till 5 PM, December 10, 2021.
- Please mention in the Subject Line of the e-mail the post applied for amongst the two areas specified in this ToR, otherwise the application will be rejected.
5 PM, December 10, 2021
The India Centre for Migration (ICM) is a ‘not for profit’ society established by the Government of India in July 2008 to serve as a think tank on all matters relating to International Migration. The Centre undertakes empirical, analytical and policy-related research, implements pilot projects to document good practices and assists in capacity building of stakeholders at the sub-national level.