- PIMUN Online Conference will be conducted through Zoom (www.zoom.us).
- It is highly recommended to attend the conference from your Laptop or Computer Only. Many functions might not be available if you access from your mobile.
- Download Zoom on your laptop or your computer, it will take few minutes only. A link to the conference will be shared with you over email, you are requested to click the link and on webpage click, “Download and Run the Application”. If the link is not working, Enter Meeting ID & Password given to you by Team”.
- You need to Download Zoom App if you access it from your mobile phone.
- After clicking the link, enter your screen name. Please Note: All delegates are required to rename their names during conference with the committee/country they are representing followed by their names. For Example: If you are in UNSC committee, representing China and your name is Gaurangi, then your name in Zoom should be: UNSC-China-Gaurangi. Participants without their names in this format will be removed from the conference or will not be approved by the admin to join the PIMUN conference.
- In a conventional MUN, Delegates are required to raise their placards, however in an Online MUN Conference, Delegates are required to use the “Raise Hand” Feature.
- In a conventional MUN, Delegates share chits/messages via organizing council, however in an Online MUN Conference, Delegates are required to use the “Private Chat” Feature or whatsapp messages, as guided by the chair.
- All the written materials including working papers/resolutions can be shared with participants via a google doc link in chat. or share screen feature (only when allowed).
- During Un-moderated Caucus students can interact with each other verbally as well as chat.
- Please make sure your device connected with power supply and internet all the time.
- Delegates don’t need to make an account on Zoom to join the conference. However, It is recommended to sign up before starting the conference.
- It is highly recommended to use USB connected Headphones or Earphones for better communication.
- There will be 3 Chairs monitoring the delegates, if internet connection of one of the chair interrupts, Team will switch to the other chair.
- It is highly prohibited to use “Share Screen” feature until asked by the Chairs. If interrupted by any delegate, they might be banned.
- It is highly prohibited to share meeting ID or link with people who have not registered at PIMUN Online Conference. Zoom tracks all the shared links, the delegate will be banned if found out sharing.
About the organizer
PIMUN (Prestige International Model United Nations) is a form of extracurricular activity wherein students from various colleges and schools participate as representatives of different countries. The whole sole objective of PIMUN is to make students fluent public speakers, resourceful and reliable researchers, skillful debaters and influential leaders. It will be conducted by Department of Law, PIMR, Indore via virtual mode. It aims to get young Indian students to become global citizens with a broad mind set and clear vision of the world. We are proud to announce that we are organizing the 1st chapter of the Prestige International Model United Nations, 2021, to be held on October 16 & 17, 2021. PIMUN 2021, with 6 committees and an executive board that boasts of some of the most notable speakers and experienced debaters in the field of International Debate and Model UN, promises to be the most awaited conference of the year.