Dr. B.R. Ambedkar National Law University [DBRANLU] is privileged to announce its 1st National E–Youth Parliament, 2020. This first virtual edition of Mock Parliament aims to provide students a platform to debate on issues of national importance and try their candour and erudite to work together while competing with students from all over India.
About 1st National E- Youth Parliament
Dr. B.R. Ambedkar National Law University is privileged to announce its 1st National E –Youth Parliament, 2020. This first virtual edition of Mock Parliament aims to provide students with a platform to debate on issues of national importance and try their candour and erudite to work together while competing with students from all over India.
It gives a platform to all the aspirants to participate in this event, utilizing the Lockdown time to learn, analyze, energize and inspire all to maintain a positive attitude during the Pandemic, COVID -19.
There is no fee registration for the event. This Youth Parliament is free for students from all schools, colleges, and other institutions in India in order to provide a platform for Individuals to show their skills.
The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) were born at the United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development in Rio de Janeiro in 2012. The objective was to produce a set of universal goals that meet the urgent environmental, political and economic challenges facing our world.
The SDGs are a bold commitment to finish what we started and tackle some of the more pressing challenges facing the world today. All 17 Goals interconnect, meaning that success in one will have an effect on success for others.
To raise awareness regarding the SDGs, we decided to make these our themes, and all Agendas are based on these goals so while discussing these Agendas, we can also shed light on these global issues of grave importance.
Committees and Agendas
- Lok Sabha: Reviewing the Constitution (108th Amendment) Bill (Women Reservation Bill) viewing the representation of women in Lok Sabha and reviewing representation of women in Panchayats.
- Rajya Sabha: Reviewing India’s Foreign Import policy to revive GDP rates with emphasis on promoting ‘MADE IN INDIA’ and banning Chinese goods.
- Haryana Vidhan Sabha: Reviewing housing and sanitation crisis after COVID-19 pandemic with special reference to construction of affordable infrastructure in rural areas.
- All India Political Parties’ Meet: Reviewing the Environment Protection Act in response to Climate Change keeping in view its effect on Indian Agriculture, farmers and flora, and fauna.
- War Cabinet: Agenda Classified
- Last Date to Registration: 30th November 2020
- Windup of Allotment of Portfolios: 2nd December 2020
- Workshop/Orientation of Participants: 4th December 2020
- Dates of Competition: 5th – 6th December 2020
- Any student from recognized college, university and institution in India shall be eligible to participate.
- There will be individual participation.
- There is no limitation on the number of participations from one institution. (i.e. any number of students can participate from one institute).
- Participants may use bilingual language during their speech.
- The registration is free in order to promote free speech and to provide an equal platform to students around India in the harsh times of COVID-19.
- The Registration shall be done by filling up an online Application form.
- The Registration shall be deemed complete only when the Registration fee has been remitted successfully and the Application form is duly filled. The Fee details would have to be provided in the Application Form.
- The participants have to fill three preferences for their constituencies in the form. The previous experience of Mock/ Youth Parliaments has to be mentioned in brief in the Registration form.
- Constituencies would be allotted according to the previous experiences of each participant.
- Participants should seek confirmation of their registration prior five days of the event.
- Prakriti: 849185744
- Sehaj: 9988535482
- Pranav: 9101099329
- Saksham: 9871090393