About the Moot
1st Justice Dipak Misra National Moot Court Competition, 2020 is an initiative of “The Advocates League [TAL]” in collaboration with “Advani & Co.” This competition is an annual competition which will witness participation from recognised law universities/colleges all over India.
Any student pursuing a degree in law either a five-year law course or three-year course from a recognised institution in India shall be eligible to take part in the competition. The determination of the eligibility of the teams shall be at the
discretion of the organizing committee.
Team size and other information
- Each team shall consist of 2 speakers and 1 researcher. The teams are allowed to have an additional researcher(optional).
- The team doesn’t need to have an additional researcher compulsorily. Further, Such additional researchers shall not be allowed to change their role in any circumstance during the competition.
- There shall also be a researcher test, the details about the same shall be communicated to the teams after the memorial submission.
This will be a virtual event.
- Every team shall register for the moot competition from the link given on the official website of ‘The Advocates League’ .
- Teams shall submit the following details viz Name, Mail-id, Contact Number, College/Institution, Course (For Eg.- B.ALL.B/LL.B) and Semester.
- The details about 1st speaker, 2nd speaker and Researcher or assistant researcher (as the case may be) shall be submitted through google form in due time. There shall be a single google form for registration purposes.
- Teams shall have to submit a scanned copy of their recognised institution ID card/ ERP for verification of the participants.
- In absence of an ERP/ID card, teams can write an e-mail to their recognised institution authority seeking permission to participate in moot competition.
- Such mail shall be approved by the Faculty/Principal/Dean of the institution in which the participating team is studying. Such permission is required, only if the teams are unable to submit their ID cards.
- Every team doesn’t have to necessarily submit any letter of approval from the institution or the Moot Court Society.
- Teams can be allowed on the basis of provisional registration but in that case approval of the Organizing Committee is mandatory.
- The competition shall have a ceiling limit of 150 teams only and it can be determined on first come first serve basis.
- The fee for the competition shall be Rs. 2000 INR, paid during registration. The screenshot of the payment receipt shall be attached in the google form.
- In case of more than one registration from one recognised institution, the team to register first in the moot shall be given preference. The fee of the other team from the same recognised institution shall be refunded back to the team
subject to rule 2.3.
- Participation of more than one team from the same recognised institution shall not be allowed in any circumstances.
A/C Details for the payment of fee:
- Account Holder Name: Mehul Choudhary
- Account Number: 48650100000316
- Bank Name: Baroda Rajasthan Kshetriya Gramin Bank
- IFSC Code: BARB0BRGBXX
- Branch name: AJMER
The fee for the competition shall be paid to the bank account/UPI/QR Code mentioned at the ‘The Advocates League’ official website. After payment of fee, the candidate/team must ensure that the screenshot is taken. The screenshot shall be used for verification purposes.
Confirmation of Registration
- The teams after registration will receive a confirmation mail from the organizing committee with respect to confirmation of the slot for the competition.
- The teams shall be provided a unique team code.
- This unique code shall be used in the preparation of memorial as stated in rule
- Teams shall only be addressed by this code in the oral rounds.
- Release date of Moot Proposition & Brochure: 26 September 2020
- Commencement of the Registration: 26 September 2020
- Last Date of Registration: 25 October 2020
- Clarifications on Moot Proposition: 25 October 2020
- Last Date to Submit Memorial: 18 November 2020
- Date of Competition: 27, 28, 29, November 2020
Executive Coordinator: Mr. Johns Santhosh: 9961884992, 9633585101
Organizing Secretary: Mr. Shreesh Pathak: 8004254808
The Advocates League [TAL] is an ISSN approved Journal & a legal research initiative whose work is mainly dedicated to legal research and publication. The office of ‘The Advocates League [TAL]’ is located at: C-72, New Ashok Nagar
near MCD School, New Delhi 110096. Advani & Co. is the oldest specialized arbitration practice in India. It has pioneered the growth of arbitration law and practice in India for over four decades. The office of “Advani & Co.” is located at: Advani & Co. 268 GF Masjid Moth Udai Park, New Delhi.